"Hawaiian Fisherman" Wood Block Print by Charles W Bartlett, 1919

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

'EKOLU 'OLE (Three Nights of 'Ole Moon) March 10-12, 2015

There is a very gentle breeze this morning in the woods. A very subtle angle to the lucky fish wind sock.

RAVENS shout at me "Come outside!!!!" I do, I talk with them scanning the trees for their location. They trick me, out of sight. Then, they fly quickly through the treetops. I try to catch their movement. A'ole! Not possible.

The 'Ole Po (the 'ole phases)

These moon phases are times for rest, review, and restoration. These are not (generally) good times for fishing or planting; they are good for weeding, repairing nets and cultivation (getting the ground ready for planting).

These 'Ole Po are named: 'olekukahi, 'olekula and 'olepau.


Personally, I am going through the process of attending to seasonal allergies. The early onset of growth here in South Whidbey has triggered old and recurring sinus and bronchial congestion. My remedies include: rest, lots of liquids, hot tea (nettle) and huge bowls of Chicken and Long Rice soup made with lots of shredded fresh ginger root, and sleeping with heated pohaku (rocks) wrapped in wool socks.

NOTE: A Super Moon/New Moon in Pisces/Equinox approaches March 20, 2015. There is great potential for healing and transformation with a New Moon. Add to that the period of Equinox, and the Super Moon (when the Moon is very close to the Earth) and there is a whole lot of IKA (strength) available for us all!

I am considering these 'ole po, and the upcoming SuperMoon/New Moon/Equinox as a time when long-held patterns of coping and responding to my environment (including the pollens and bombastic arrival of new growth) could be released. There is the potential. I pray for the opening, the willingness, the curiosity: E Ho Mai.

Here's a link to a YouTube about that Super Moon. If you're curious ... GO HERE.

RAVEN is out of sight, but their presence as my guardian and trickster animal reminds me to stay connected to the wildness. Their voice, their watchful eyes became part of the medicine that works common magic in my life. I write the stories to keep the myth alive. The medicine story The Safety Pin Café began during the winter and RAVEN was present, part of the magic.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts and questions are welcome ... jump in!